When Philadelphia Sign Co. (PSCO) was founded in 1911, wooden, handpainted “For Rent” signs represented its first offering. As neon’s introduction to the sign industry revolutionized electric-sign possibilities, the shop became an early adopter and built numerous movie marquees and rooftop signage as they became industry trends. The company has since kept pace with LED illumination and other signage innovations. As ST can attest (it passed the century mark five years ago), an enterprise doesn’t remain in business for 100 years without rolling with the punches and staying vigilant in adopting new trends. Today, the shop provides turnkey manufacturing, project management and maintenance for financial-services, retail and hospitality clients, among others.
Read more at SIGNWEB.